Welcome to the Connection!
We offer an array of exercise classes with certified instructors that tone, stretch, and amp up your cardio. This is a very cost effective way to work out and it’s in a comfortable setting and not in a busy fitness facility. We also have a Walking Track where you can run, jog, or walk indoors where the weather is always perfect.
Classes we currently offer:
X Project/Boot Camp– (45 Min) New Year, new YOU. Mid to high Impact routines: plyometric drills, challenging cardio, Yoga, Pilates, and Kick boxing, for those who are serious about exercise! Hand weights, balls and resistance bands used for toning.
5th Gear Boot Camp– will shake up your workout in many ways. This is a specialty class taught in January & February, and must be attended 5 days a week for those who sign up.
Pilates– Specially developed exercises for building muscle strength that targets the stomach and back. (Resistance bands and mats are supplied)
FitBall Pilates–A blend of traditional Pilates with light weights, and FitBall training. All levels.
Yoga– Ancient stretching, balance, flexibility and relaxation training.
Yoga Blend– Blending Yoga with other exercises.
Zumba– Fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. No experience required.
In His Steps– A running and walking team (free).
SAGES Exercise– (60 Min) Stretching class designed for our Senior Adults with emphasis on range of motion and flexibility. Enjoy lunch and fellowship afterward. (free).
- Cost: $60 unlimited exercise classes per quarter (January, April, July, October, and due by the 10th of each quarter).
- Walking Loop Hours of Operation: Daytime: Mon-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Cost of Walking Loop: $50 per year (cost included with Connection membership)
- Please remember to sign in on the second floor. Class times and availability are subject to change.
- Weather: The Connection follows the Decatur City School calendar for inclement weather. Classes that fall on holidays will take place if the church office is open. Please refer to the church calendar for class schedules on a specific date.
- Each participant will be required to sign a liability waiver form before taking part in any class. A door code is required to enter the building. All classes are 50 minutes long unless noted. Central Methodist has your permission to you your photograph in promotional material.
Tumbling Times: Wednesdays: ages 3-7 at 4:15 PM.
Cost: $35 for the month.
What to wear: Please dress your child comfortably. We prefer leotards, but a t-shirt and shorts are acceptable. Bare feet or gymnastic shoes keep the kids’ feet from sliding.
The Connection provides a fun and safe environment to jump, stretch and tumble. Our trained instructors help kids learn basic tumbling skills, improve self-confidence, and express themselves creatively. We work one-on-one to iron out those kinks and pinpoint individual strengths and weaknesses.
Tumbling Registration Form | Tumbling Release Form
Celebrate your child’s Birthday Party here at Central. We have available for your party our fantastic gym, the children’s area with kitchen, and our game room/kitchen area. There’s fun for the whole family: Basketball, floor mats for smaller kids, pool and foosball tables. Kids will laugh, play and simply enjoy being kids. Call The Connection for party times, availability and pricing.